Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Travel Day

I was experiencing technical difficulties so couldn't post yesterday as intended ;)  

     Arrival in Haiti - touchdown around 4:20p, EST.  We were blessed with uneventful travels -- no delays out of Minneapolis, despite the latest snowpocalypse looming...  I think we even took off a few minutes early. Arrived in Miami a bit ahead of schedule and had some time to unwind and start letting go of all of the worry/planning/shopping/packing/etc.  Left Miami on time and had a mostly smooth flight into Port au Prince.  
     I felt a wave of calm wash over me as we gathered our bags and loaded into the TopTops (trucks). No anxiety.  No fear.  Just calm.  And smiles.  Lots of smiles.  :)  I am SO excited to be here!!  And with such an awesome group!!  I've never felt such a strong sense of purpose and belonging in the midst of a group of almost-strangers.  A group of people from various sets of circumstances, who I had only met once or twice prior to the trip.  We have bonded so quickly that it feels like we've known each other forever.  So bonded, that on day one we gathered for devotional and prayer without prompt from our leaders (who were meeting to plan the week).  Very welcoming and tight-knit group.  
     This week is going to be amazing and life changing.  I don't know that I'm ready for what's in store, but I do know that I am prepared to walk through it all with this new family :)   
     

1 comment:

  1. God will do Mighty things in and THROUGH you in Haiti. I will be leaving for my trip to Haiti on March 24th...and I can't wait. Have a Fantastic week!!! <><

    ReplyDelete