Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Peace

There are very few times in my life that I've felt truly at peace. In fact, I can probably count them on one hand. Most days are pretty good, but there is always that niggling feeling in the back of my mind that something is going to go terribly wrong. However, from the moment I woke up today I was filled with a sense of overwhelming peace. As we traveled to Haiti Teen Challenge I was still unsure how long the feeling would last, but as soon as we got there and began to worship the peace only grew and  yet set itself aside to allow me to feel the joy that filled the rooms. As we traveled through our day, first to Apparent Project and then to Gertrude's Orphanage The feeling of calm that I started out with only grew and transformed into other feelings of joy and tranquility and love. Never giving way to the sense of looming doom I've come to expect from my day to day life. I am so looking forward to what tomorrow and the rest of this trip brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment